[vtkusers] Strange problem - All of my triangle mesh is not displayed (Bug? )

Karlsson Erik erik.karlsson at optronic.se
Thu Feb 6 10:27:46 EST 2003

Hi all!
I have a really strange problem. I have about 500 000 points and I use a
vtkCellArray to make a triangle mesh that I put in a vtkPolyData object.
When I render my scene the bottom of my object is not showing. The strange
thing is that if I use a vtkLODActor instead of a normal actor, I can see
the missing part of my mesh when the whole actor is shown as a point could
while rotating/zooming the object. So I know for a fact that all the points
have been inserted to the PolyData object.  But as soon as I stop
interacting with the scene and the object is rendered with triangles again,
the bottom disappears. I also tried using the vtkDecimatePro to decimate the
PolyData object about 10% and now I can see all of my triangles. Is there
some kind of a limit to the number of triangles that can be displayed or the
number of points that can be used? Can it be a hardware issue? Does anyone
have the slightest idea?
Can someone please help me shed I light on this - I have been struggling
with this problem for about a week now... :-/
By the way - I'm using vtk 4.02, MSVC++ 6.0 MFC. My graphics card is a
Geforce2 MX (latest drivers)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Erik Karlsson