[vtkusers] Re: Bug with Multiple Renderer. (An update)

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Tue Feb 4 09:39:26 EST 2003

GreeTings !!

Somebody just sent me an e-mail saying that they had the same problem.
It's related to the Graphic Card config option"Use unified back/depth
buffer" of our NVIDIA Quadro4 9000 XGL.

But i'm not sure that unselecting this option is the right solution. (But it
works !!)

We still have the problem when moving the mouse pointer in and out the
vtkRenderWindow seems to add layers of opacity to the surfaces with Alpha
set to a certain transparency degree.

For this we'll investigate other card settings but if you have some
suggestion, don't esitate.

But again, is unselecting this graphic card option the right things to do or
could it be just a patch for something wrong in the code ?
And is there a place where we can find informations about graphic card
settings for vtk ?

Thanks again !

Seb