[vtkusers] Mac OS X intall

David Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Feb 4 02:06:12 EST 2003

I have managed to get vtk running. OS X 10.2.3, vtk CVS of about a week ago
(what is the command to get the version?) and CMake intall version 1.6 at
the same time.

I have built it in /use/local/src/VTK.

I have set the TCLLIBPATH to /usr/local/src/VTK/Wrapping.

When I do a "make install" the bin directory gets copied into /usr/local/bin
as well as other stuff.

Issuing "vtk whatever.tcl" at the command prompt opens the vtk window but I
get errors
SetFronProcess failed,-606

But when I run the non-installed version as follows there are no problems.
/usr/local/src/VTK/bin/vtk whatever.tcl

Does anyone know of the problem? It is easy to get lazy here and just use
the working method and put the build directory at the front of the path but
if there is an obvious fix I would like to know it.

Thanks, David