[vtkusers] Couple of little bugs

Robb Brown brownr at ucalgary.ca
Mon Feb 3 12:37:13 EST 2003

I noticed a couple of things in VTK that might be bugs:

First, I create a cone from a vtkConeSource.  The default orientation
is [1,0,0].  If I use SetDirection (on the vtkConeSource, not
transforming the actor) and set this to [-1,0,0], the cone does not
change.  GetDirection reports, correctly, [-1,0,0] but the cone still
faces the same way.  Setting the direction to anything else (for
example, [-1,0.00001,0]) works correctly.

Second, in vtk.tk.vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor, the mouse buttons are
set up 1-left, 2-middle, 3-right.  On my system (Mac OS 10.2.3, Aqua
Tk) the buttons are actually 1-left, 2-right, 3-middle.  Is this a
quirk of my Tk or an error in the script?