[vtkusers] VTK CVS: Build problems with Python

Gavin Baker gavinb at NOOSPAMMcs.mu.oz.au
Sun Feb 2 18:34:11 EST 2003

Hi Andy,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 10:32:46AM -0500, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> Thank you for bug report. VTK CMakeLists files are fixed and it should
> work now on CMake 1.4 and on CMake 1.6 when BUILD_TESTING is off. Could
> you please try again?
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 21:03, Gavin Baker wrote:

> > I am building VTK from CVS (checked out morning of 28-Jan AEST) on
> > Debian woody, with gcc 2.95.4 and Python 2.2.1, and CMake 1.4p4.
> >
> > I did a clean cvs checkout, ran 'cmake -i ../VTK' and straight away
> > get this error:
> >
> > CMake Error: ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND: Error :
> > ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND Wrong syntax: Empty COMMAND. from CMakeLists.txt file in
> > directory /home/gavinb/projects/vtk/VTK/Wrapping/Python
> >
> >     (repeated 12 times)
> >
> > [...]

Sure no problem - thanks for an awesome open source visualisation system! :-)

The original problem has been fixed, and it builds just fine.  Thanks!

A minor nit, but I notice that on line 315 of CMakeLists.txt 1.159, it
is checking the registry for a v2.3 of python, but there is no
corresponding python2.3 in the list of executables to search
for. (Same with 2.0 as it happens.)

There is another problem with building the Python bindings, but I will
investigate further and post a separate message with full details.

Thanks - regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                Computer Vision Lab (CVMIL)
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb                 University of Melbourne