[vtkusers] Win2k print-crash occurs with vtk4.0 also...

Louis le Grange louis at softflo.com
Mon Feb 3 16:13:19 EST 2003

The previous problem experienced on vtk 3.1 also occured on vtk4.0.

In the present case with vtk4.0 it is the case Win32SampleMFC.dsw.

I got some hints from Nigel Nunn to check my HP drivers - the drivers I am
using are those coming out with Win2k - The HP drivers download site also
suggest that one should use the drivers coming with Win2k...

My previous post:

Again as an example use Sample.dsw supplied with vtk3.1 and print the
graphics window.

I have found 2 HP drivers that give the problem, DeskJet 870Cxi and
OfficeJet PRO 1150 C. It might be that all HP drivers will cause a crash, at
least those which have quality options of 'High', 'Normal', and 'Draft'.

The High and Normal options don't give a problem but always the Draft
option - the system crashes immediatly - in both case of printing to the
printer or to file.

Thanks for help
Louis