[vtkusers] vtkCamera - non-virtual getter methods (GetPerspectiveTransformMatrix etc.)

Stefan Bruckner stefan.bruckner at chello.at
Sun Feb 2 12:22:34 EST 2003

Hi!

I am working on an integration of VTK into Studierstube
(www.studierstube.org), a collaborative augmented-reality environment
based on Open Inventor developed at the Vienna University of Technology.

I have to subclass vtkCamera in order to align the two camera models.
Now here's the problem: Some methods I have to overload are not defined
virtual.

The methods are:

GetPerspectiveTransformMatrix
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCamera.html#z2854_0>
GetCompositePerspectiveTransformMatrix
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCamera.html#z2855_0>
GetViewTransformMatrix
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCamera.html#a13>
GetViewTransformObject
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCamera.html#a21>
GetFrustumPlanes
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCamera.html#a17>

Maybe some developer can change that in the current CVS version
(changing the base class myself is only a temporary solution, I want to
stay up-to-date with CVS). Just making these methods virtual would help
me a lot, would not cause any harm, and only take 2mins of work.

In general, it would be good to make all getters "virtual" (as
vtkGetMacro does).

This would be a great help, my current workaround will not work for
general cases.

--
Thanks,
Stefan Bruckner