[vtkusers] mapper question..

K.R.Subramanian krs at cs.uncc.edu
Sat Feb 1 19:39:21 EST 2003

I am trying to display images using

vtkPlaneSource (1x1 size)
vtkTexture

and sending this to an actor

The texture data is in floats, so the docs say it has to be mapped through
a lookup table - however, I have tried to specify a lookup table(a gray scale lut - with
just the value component from 0-1) but this doesnt seem to work - I get a
plain rectangle. Without a lookup  table specification, it uses the red to blue color scale by
default.

If I used unsigned chars and dont do any of the lookup table, it works correctly.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                        Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science         FAX:   (704) 687-4893
UNC Charlotte, CARC 311                Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001               Web: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs