[vtkusers] setting up vtk4.0 on windows XP

R Shaikh s9812732 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Dec 29 11:12:26 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to setup VTK4.0 with Java1.4beta2 on a windows xp box but am having
some problems,

I have installed vtk4.0 into the directory c:\programs\vtk4.0
java1.4b2 is in c:\java1.4b2

I have added vtk.jar to my classpath
I have added c:\programs\vtk4.0\bin to my path

I am starting by trying to get the example in /wrapping/java/Contours2D.java running
it compiles fine, but when I try to run the file I get the error message

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SetSampleDimensions_5
at vtk.vtkSampleFunction.SetSampleDimensions_5(Native Method)

I have similar problems trying to get the other examples up and running,

Can any of you wise men (or women) suggest a solution, I have been scratching my
head for a while now!

Cheers,

Riaz