[vtkusers] Blinking actors during picking

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Tue Dec 16 10:46:17 EST 2003

At 12/16/2003 03:36 PM, John Biddiscombe wrote:
> > the vtkTextProperty, not in the actor. Since nobody likes to be
> > Biddiscombe'd I'll keep the functionalities already there :),
> > like being
> > able to justify against a box, not just a point :)
>
>Blinkin' flip Guv'nor.
>
>If you wish to remove the options I added, then please feel free to
>remove them, but please provide a mechanism so that the user can (for
>example), click on some text, have a box appear - then drag the box to
>some arbitrary size, and the text be scaled to fit/justified in the box.
>The reason I added the previous crufty stuff was to allow this
>behaviour. It was inteded to facilitate the use of a generalized widget
>for picking 2D actors and sizing/moving them.

I remember that, we had that discussion before :), scaling text in a box is
a feature that was there before, no problemo. You added justification in a
box in the past, which sounds like an option to keep, I'm just going to
move and reorganize the ivars so that they are consistent with the
justification ivar of vtkTextProperty.

--
Sebastien Barre