[vtkusers] Implicit Boolean Functions in VTK

Rahul Goela rahulgoela at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 07:07:26 EST 2003

Hi Vtk Gurus,

I am currently working with Implicit Boolean functions
in VTK. I tried performing boolean operations such as
Union on two spheres. My project requires retrieving
3D points which lie inside the implicit function which
is generated after the boolean operation. For. EX: If
i plot say 50 3D co-ordinates. Then create an implicit
function by performing Union on two spheres. I place
this newly generated figure somewhr in 3D space. Now I
wish to determine, which of those 50 3D points lie
inside the this implicit function.

Mathematically it is possible by getting the final
equation of the implicit function generated and then
checking for each pt if it lies inside our outside
that function.

Is it possible to get the mathematical equation of the
implicit function created after boolean operation?

or is there some way, using which I can determine the
points inside the implicit function.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks alot in advance.

Best regards,

Rahul Goela