[vtkusers] symbol __ls__7ostreamPCc: referenced symbol not found

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Fri Dec 12 13:58:52 EST 2003

I've been getting very sketchy info from Google on the general nature of
my __ls__7ostreamPCc: referenced symbol not found error.

Apparently, this can result when you use 'gcc' instead of 'g++' since
'g++' pulls in some standard C++ libraries that 'gcc' doesn't.

Given that I am seeing this error from the Java version of the Cone
Tutorial Example (Step1), but the C++ version of the Cone Tutorial
Example works fine, could this possibly be a problem with:

1. My Java install (jsdk1.4.0 for Solaris)
2. JNI
3. VTK's Java Wrappers

I'm obviously grasping at straws here, but I thought this might jog
someone's memory.  Thanks.

-Fran

--

Fran Fabrizio