[vtkusers] offline animations

Matthijs Sypkens Smit matthijs at mired.nl
Tue Dec 9 09:59:06 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 13:21, Luke J West wrote:

> I want to make an mpeg or animated gif (or other format - whatever)
> from a series of scenes generated when I invoke the Render() method.
>
> How might I do this in a LINUX/UNIX environment?

I have personally used the ImageWriter (PNG, JPEG, etc.) classes to output
individual frames to the hard drive together with the mjpegtools (
http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/ ) to combine the frames into movies. I don't
know if there is a better or easier way than that, but it works reasonably
well.

--
Matthijs