[vtkusers] Appearing/Disappearing point id labels - vtkSelectVisiblePoints (vtk 4.2)

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Mon Dec 8 18:47:05 EST 2003

Hi vtkusers,

I am displaying point id labels on a single hexahedron using the
pipeline vtkIdFilter > vtkSelectVisiblePoints > vtkLabeledDataMapper.
When I zoom in/out (mouse right-click) the point id labels on the
BOUNDARY in the view plane randomly appear & disappear.

Point id's that are not labelled always have a z-buffer value of 1
suggesting that this is due to rounding when the view coordinates are
cast to integers. I am not sure how
vtkSelectVisiblePoints::SetTolerance() can be used to get around the
problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John Platt