[vtkusers] problems with Python (and setup.py) under Windows

severa at sophia.dtp.fmph.uniba.sk severa at sophia.dtp.fmph.uniba.sk
Thu Dec 4 12:22:30 EST 2003

Hello,
I installed vtk42 for Windows (just using the installer, I didn't compile
anything) and then I looked for 'setup.py' in '...\Wrapping\Python'. I
only found a file called 'setup.py.in', so I erased '.in' and ran 'python
setup.py install'. It did work at least partially (it copied some files to
'python23\...\site-packages'), but 'import vtk' complains that
there is no module named vtkCommonPython. Could you
please help me?