[vtkusers] Using vtk with GTK

shrinivas kulkarni kshrinivas at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:05:22 EST 2003

Hi all,

I need to draw a VTK window inside a GTK window( I can do this easily), but
apart from this, the in same GTK window I want to place few buttons. I think
GTK does not allow to do this, because VTK needs a window ID/HANDLE to
decide, in which window it needs to be displayed and in GTK we can get such
handle only for top level window.

Has anybody created UI like this( VTK in GTK with buttons in it)? Note that
I am working on Windows platform. So if anybody have idea/suggestion how to
do this would be really helpful.

Thanks
Shrinivas