[vtkusers] Are hidden lines displayed?!

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Wed Dec 3 22:39:39 EST 2003

Hi,
  note that lines are shaded, I guess according to the normals associated
with the cells they belong to. So depending on the camera and light angles
they can and do disappear.
perhaps that helps...
    Dave P

|         |           João Gomes       |
|         |           <bassman at mail.pt>|
|         |           vtkusers-admin at vt|
|         |           k.org            |
|         |           04/12/2003 09:07 |
|         |           João Gomes       |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:       vtkusers at vtk.org                                                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [vtkusers] Are hidden lines displayed?!                                                                        |

I'm having trouble understanding back-face culling in vtk; does it not
render hidden lines? My problem is when viewing wireframes for two spheres,
a bigger one clipped in about it's center and a smaller behind that one,
that is visible through the clipped region of the big one. I can see the
small one's wireframe, but only some lines...