[vtkusers] Full Screen

Jean-Edouard Coste coste at freesurf.fr
Mon Dec 1 18:15:42 EST 2003

Hello,

I am using a VTK Nightly release under Linux 2.4 (RedHat and Debian).

I have a problem using the fullscreen mode of the render window. When I use
the method vtkRenderWindow::FullScreenOn() or
vtkRenderWindow::SetFullScreen(1), I lose th keyboard in the application. So
I can't quit my application (I can only kill it).

This problem is independent of the programming language.

Has someone a solution ?

Jean-Edouard Coste

For instance modifying the Cone.tcl from the VTK tutorial :

package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction

vtkConeSource cone
cone SetHeight 3.0
cone SetRadius 1.0
cone SetResolution 10

vtkPolyDataMapper coneMapper
coneMapper SetInput [cone GetOutput]

vtkActor coneActor
coneActor SetMapper coneMapper

vtkRenderer ren1
ren1 AddActor coneActor

vtkRenderWindow renWin
renWin AddRenderer ren1

#
# Here is the important stuff
#
renWin FullScreenOn
# and I have the same problem with :
# renWin SetFullScreen 1
#

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
iren SetRenderWindow renWin

vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera style
iren SetInteractorStyle style

iren AddObserver UserEvent {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}
iren Initialize
wm withdraw .