[vtkusers] Re: casting one ray

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Wed Aug 27 03:36:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

But then I am back to square 1 with my original problem for which I am trying to find a solution.
Let me explain.

I am picking on a MIP raycasted volume, but the result is not the maximum pixel along the ray, but a pixel somewhere in the middle of the volume. I don't know where and why the ray stops or why it takes that particular pixel.

Is there some way to configure the pick? To tell it to go on until it finds some threshhold? Or to return the pixel with the maximum/minimum/average value along the ray?

Or is there another way to cast one ray and get back the MIP result?

Nico