[vtkusers] urgent help with cellArray

Christos Panagiotou cpanagio at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 25 05:54:56 EDT 2003

ladies and gentlemen !!!

i am confused with something probably simple and i have to submit a
project in exactly 2 weeks time!
(the answer to the next thing finishes my project - so i really want
some help)

could please someone tell me how can i create a vtkPolygon cell which i
dont know the number of its points from the start?

I get one xyz point and its id per time.
is there any method that i can add THIS point with THIS id in the
polygon and
later on i could add another one?

(i can also gather all the points in a vtkPoints object using the
insertPoint(ID,X,Y,Z) - can i add them all in one go?)

is it the initialize() method what am i looking for? could please
someone tell me how this works (if it is the one?)

(with the above i am creating a number of polygons (which again i dont
know their number from the start) and i add them to a vtkCellArray, can
someone explain to me how do i use
the UpdateCellCount() method? do i use it before the InsertNextCell or
after?)

I am trying all the above as i want to use the
_*vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter*_ and i looked the example that the
web page
has, however i dont have the number of points of its polygon and the
number of polygons from the start.... :-\

I will really really be greatful to anyone that answers my post
sorry for its length

all the best
chris