[vtkusers] Building the examples

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Sun Aug 24 20:21:45 EDT 2003

Dear List,

I admit that this may sound obvious to some people.

I go through the installation procedure in the manual, for Linux. I
definitely enabled building the examples from cmake -i.

I poke about looking for executables, thinking I should find some
examples to run. I get totally stumped and do a find for any executables
in the VTK directory. All I find is tcl and Python scripts and such, no
actual executables I can run.

So I don't know what's going on. Make seems to be building cmake.depends
as it anounces "cmake.depends is up-to-date" when it finishes
successfully. Make all does the same. But no instructions I have found
indicate to me that I have to do any more than that. The libraries seem
to be built OK.

My system:
Mandrake Linux 9.1 on a Celeron PC
gcc 3.3.1-1mdk