[vtkusers] vtkVolumeRayCastMapper bug? in hardware stereo

Nicholas Schwarz schwarz at evl.uic.edu
Thu Aug 21 13:39:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

If you are only using ray casting you can attempt to "correct" the swapped
eyes by setting the camera's eye angle to a negative number like this

'ren -> GetActiveCamera() -> SetEyeAngle(-2.0);'

where 'ren' is of type vtkRenderer*. This will only work if you are using
VTK's flawed ray casting methods. If you try to intermix a ray casted
image with polygonal objects (or anything else in VTK that properly
generates stereo pairs) and have a negative eye angle the stereo pairs for
the polygonal objects (or the correctly generated paris) will be reversed.

Nicholas Schwarz
Electronic Visualization Laboratory           E-Mail: schwarz at evl.uic.edu
Department of Computer Science                Telephone: 312-996-3002
University of Illinois at Chicago             Facsimile: 312-413-7585