[vtkusers] Can I add new tags to my VTK XML file??

Sergio Andrés seanru_nigu at yahoo.es
Thu Aug 21 09:40:48 EDT 2003

Hi everybody!

My problem is that I would like to add some
information
to may VTK file (XML format) about the number of
dimensions of points that I am working with. That is,
2D or 3D.

I thought that it will be possible to write a new XML
tag or attribute (for instance, '<Points
Dimension="3">') on
a VTK file. But now I don't know how recover this
information, except by first parsing the XML and then
read it with vtkXMLPolyDataReader, so I will have to
read it twice.

If anybody knows something more about this (extra info
in
VTK file), I would appreciate some help.

Thanks!!

Sergio.