[vtkusers] HELP WITH vtkOBBTree::IntersectWithLine(...)

Christos Panagiotou cpanagio at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 19:40:17 EDT 2003

guys

I have a volume (which is not staigthforwart - its a litle complicated
model, actualy it represent a human liver)

I have a series of rays casted from the center of mass of the volume (so
i have the first point (centroid) and the last point of each ray)

I want to detect intersections with the volume for which I have created
an vtkOBBTree.

I use IntersectWithLine(rayStart, rayEnd, tolerance,
t,intresectCoordinate[3],cellParametricCoordinate[3],subId) method
and I get some results.

The problem is that the results I get are the first intersections with
the volume. Is there any way to get ALL points
(sequence of entrance and exit points) of the volume that are
intersected with this line?

I saw that there is a method called
IntersectWithLine(raystart,rayend,*vtkPoints,cellIds) . Does this do
what I want?

If you have any suggestions or if you have counter a problem like this
before I would really appreciate your
help as I am running out of time with a project and it is the last thing
I have to do!

thanks indeed
christos