[vtkusers] vtkFieldDataToAttributeDataFilter with vtk4.2

joseph mccoy j.mccoy at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 04:52:49 EDT 2003

Hi  All,

i allready posted this question some time ago, but nobody answerd it. so i stepped once more through the faq's, the doc's and the vtk- sourcecode, but still  i don't find an answer. so i'm posting it again, maybe someone can help me now.
here is the problem:
i have a geometry, stored in one unstructured grid data-file, and a lot of scalar attributes, stored in different fielddata - files. with vtk4.0 i was able to merge the geometry with one of the attribute files using :
    vtkDataSetReader/vtkDataObjectReader -> vtkMergeDataObjectFilter-> FieldDataToAttributeDataFilter

that worked fine. with vtk4.2 i allways get the error message:
    vtkFieldDataToAttributeDataFilter (0x0182EDB0): Can't find array/component requested

please tell me, if you have any ideas what the problem could be. Thanks!

PS: i use VS++ 6.0 on Windows2000