[vtkusers] S.O.S

  lxf_xp at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:30:34 EDT 2003

Dear Mr, hello.
I am a user of VTK, and recently I want to develop a MarchingCube
application using the class
vtkMarchingCubes you provide. But after I pass the compiling, VC++6.0
linker told me that
it cannot find the body of vtkMarchingCubes functions, just as such
Linking...
mcubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkMarchingCubes::SetLocator(class vtkPointLocator *)"
(__imp_?SetLocator at vtkMarchingCubes@@QAEXPAVvtkPointLocator@@@Z)
mcubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkMarchingCubes * __cdecl
vtkMarchingCubes::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkMarchingCubes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Release/mcubes.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
mcubes.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

So I find the vtk/patented directory and run cmake to create a project of
vtkPatented.lib and build it
successfully. But when I add this lib to my application project in VC++6.0,
linker still cannot find
the body of vtkMarchingCubes and express the same errors.
So please help me to locate and solve this problem.
Thank you very much!