[vtkusers] vtkPoints from a triangular vtkPolyData

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 08:39:16 EDT 2003

Hi imho,

If your polydata is the output of a filter (like vtkTriangleFilter) then
you will need to call Update on it in order to use its output, else
GetNumberOfPoints will return zero and GetPoint won't work.

If you've made your own polydata then there must be something wrong with
how the points were assigned. Perhaps if you send us your code for that bit
we might be able to help.

Also worth checking that the in and out points are different...

Tim