[vtkusers] Re: VTK: Mouse Wheel Event

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 13 06:17:15 EDT 2003

Hi Mathieu,

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:34, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> 	I send a mail to the vtkusers mailing list:
>
>   http://vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-August/019496.html
>
> 	But anybody answered me. So I decided to give it a try, and I
> successfully implemented it on:
>
>   * X11   (tested with Linux RH 7.3)
>   * Win32 (tested with Windows 2000
>   * Tcl   (tested with Tcl/Tk 8.3)

> 	You can download it here:
>
> 	http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/vtk/wheel.tgz

This looks very good so far, good job!  A few things:

1. Please maintain this work as a unified diff.  This is easy to do by
just doing cvs -z3 diff -u in the top-level of your CVS checkout.
Making the complete files available as you have makes it difficult to
integrate with all versions of VTK and also to study the changes you
have made.

2. I am concerned about your translation of button4 and button5 XEvents
to VTK MouseWheel events.  This is only true if the user has
"ZAxisMapping 4 5" in her config file.  Is it not possible for you to
trap the ZAxis events themselves?  The way you have done it works, but
is not entirely correct.

3. The windows stuff seems fine, as Windows has a dedicated
WM_MOUSEWHEEL event.

4. I can't judge the MacOS stuff.

Thanks,
Charl