[vtkusers] hidden surface removal

Craig N. Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Mon Aug 11 19:39:14 EDT 2003

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but maybe you want the
BackfaceCullingOn() member function in vtkProperty. It isn't hidden
surface removal, just backward-facing surface removal. In one of my Tcl
scripts, I use it like this:

vtkUnstructuredGridReader dataSource
  dataSource  SetFileName  "/path/to/some/file"

vtkDataSetMapper mapper
  mapper SetInput [dataSource GetOutput]

vtkActor actor
    actor SetMapper mapper
    eval [actor GetProperty] BackfaceCullingOn

According to the archives, someone asked a similar question in 2000 but
it appears no-one responded back then. Probably not much help, sorry.

--
Dr Craig Scott, CSIRO (CMIS)
Melbourne, Australia