[vtkusers] Transformations and Matrices

Andres Barrera andresba at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:46:31 EDT 2003

Dear list,

   I am having some hard time by applying sequences of transformations
ussing different ways, and trying to get possitions and orientations
back.....

   I've been reading the vtk books and documentation, and  experimenting
with:
      - Position and Orientation
      - Matrix  , UserMatrix, and  UserTransform ,
      - using someActor->RotateWXYZ ( qw,qx,qy,qz);
                someActor->SetPosition( x,y,z);
        and
      - someTransform->Translate ( posX, posY, posZ);
        someTransform->RotateWXYZ ( qw,qx,qy,qz);
        someTransform->Translate ( offsetX, offsetY, offsetZ);
        someTransform->Translate ( ............);

        someActor->SetUserTransform(someTransform);

      - etc.

   Basically I am able of locating the actors where I want in many different
ways, but when I want to get its possitions/orientations, transformations,
and/or matrices, I have lots of inconsistencies.

is there any tutorial, example, or something that makes clear all following
con