[vtkusers] vtkAppendPolyData woes

Gerard Gorman g.gorman at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Aug 9 09:39:23 EDT 2003

Thanks! That was exactly the problem. I had missed the importance of
maintaining a cell (VTK_VERTEX) when working with point data.

Thanks again for you help,
Gerard.

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     GG> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>     >> Perhaps adding an appendF.Update() before you get the output
>     >> will help.
>
>     GG> I'm afraid that it made no difference (see the change
>     GG> below). For the curious I put two example polydata files in
>     GG> at:
>     GG> http://amcg.ese.ic.ac.uk/~gormo/sampleVTKFiles/tracers80.vtp
>     GG> http://amcg.ese.ic.ac.uk/~gormo/sampleVTKFiles/tracers81.vtp
>     GG> ...so just use the below script as ./test.py tracers80.vtp
>     GG> tracers80.vtp
>
>>From what I can tell its your data thats incorrect.  You need to
> specify the vertices.  Without the vertices there is no "polydata",
> only points.  For each point add a vertex and AFAIK it should work.
> Something like so:
>
> VERTICES 100 200
> 1 0
> 1 1
> 1 2
> 1 99
>

> cheers,
> prabhu

Gerard Gorman (PhD Student)
Applied Modelling and Computation Group
Earth Science and Engineering
Imperial College
Prince Consort Road		Tel. 00 44 +207 594 9323
London SW7 2BP			Fax. 00 44 +207 594 9321
U.K.                    o~o A good slogan beats a good solution.