[vtkusers] vtkLODActor

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Fri Aug 8 08:02:02 EDT 2003

Hello,
	I am using vtkLOD actor and I have defined an LOD(by addLODMapper which
takes output from vtkDecimatePro) . I have noticed that there is a delay of
3 to 4 second when I try to move it for the first time after it has been
loaded. Then onwards the object moves/rotates normally. This happens in
Paraview(version .6) as well if I change the LOD threshold and try to move
the object.(I am talking about reasonably large datasets 15 MB binary stl
file) . Is there any workaround for this problem?

Thanks
Shyam