[vtkusers] execution pipeline

Marcelo Ruetalo ruetalo at cita.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 6 20:31:26 EDT 2003

I guess the following has to do with the way VTK's execution pipeline is
designed, but I can't find how to solve it. Any help will be greatly
appreciated!

(in C++)
I define a class with, say (to make it simple)
- a vtkRenderer, a vtkRenderWindow, a vtkActor as data members
- constructor to initialize things and render the actor in some simple way
- a public method to render the actor in a different way (say, after
transformations, filters, etc...)

When I create an instance of the class, everything is fine and rendered
like I want, but when I call the public method nothing changes! Do I
have to somehow explicitly tell VTK to update the actors in the
renderer?

Thanks,
Marcelo