[vtkusers] How to get an image into python-land :)

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 6 18:17:40 EDT 2003

Robert Stein wrote:
>     I'm currently using python-wrapped vtk in a project I'm working on and
> would like to be able to get an image out of vtk and into python's world
> (say with vtkJPEGWriter->WriteToMemoryOn())

1. *Please* do not reply on a non-related mail because you don't want to
cut and past the VTK Users list address.  It mucks around with the
message threading on most good e-mail clients.

2. Have a look at vtkImageExport to get image data into Python.  See the
class documentation for more details.  This is probably far less
convoluted than what you have in mind. :)

Good luck,
Charl