[vtkusers] vtk as a Qt widget

grtabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 11:56:12 EDT 2003

>===== Original Message From Mark Asbach <Mark.Asbach at post.rwth-aachen.de>
=====
>Hi list,
>
>there have been some tries to implement a Qt widget as a vtkRenderWindow
(plus *-Interactor), but to my dismay, I couldn't compile any of these three:

>- vtkqgl-0.1.0 (ehrhardt)
>  Complains about missing vtkImageWindow.h etc. The author's webpage seems to
be removed

>- vtkQGL-0.18 (pagey)
>  Breaks in ./configure script and tell me
>
>"checking for KDE... configure: error:
>in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
>So, check this please and use another prefix!"
>
>- vtkandqt
>  I don't know how to write a correct tmake *.pro file, that's why I can't
build the package

Have you tried vtkQt from Mattias Koenig :

http://wwwisg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~makoenig

I'm trying to get this to work at the moment - currently compiling a higher
version of VTK because it seems to need 4.2. I do have a version of vtkqgl
built into the app I'm writing, but the code does not seem to support
overlays, and, as you say, the home page appears to have gone.

Gavin

>All attempts have been made on a Linux system (debian, kernel 2.4.20).
>
>Does anybode here use one of the above? Or should I just use the Qt/Motif
extension and embed a vtk Motif widget?