[vtkusers] vtk as a Qt widget

Tue Aug 5 11:41:40 EDT 2003

Hi list,

there have been some tries to implement a Qt widget as a vtkRenderWindow (plus *-Interactor), but to my dismay, I couldn't compile any of these three:

- vtkqgl-0.1.0 (ehrhardt)
  Complains about missing vtkImageWindow.h etc. The author's webpage seems to be removed

- vtkQGL-0.18 (pagey)
  Breaks in ./configure script and tell me

"checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!"

- vtkandqt
  I don't know how to write a correct tmake *.pro file, that's why I can't build the package

All attempts have been made on a Linux system (debian, kernel 2.4.20).

Does anybode here use one of the above? Or should I just use the Qt/Motif extension and embed a vtk Motif widget?

Thanks in advance,

Mark