[vtkusers] 2D landmarking

sdor5151 at mail.usyd.edu.au sdor5151 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Mon Aug 4 23:38:34 EDT 2003

Hello,

  I've created a little programme for landmarking 2D images which reads in a
series of PNG files.

For each file f, what I do is:
  - pnmReader->SetFilename(f)
  - create an imagemapper and set its input to pnmReader->GetOutput()
  - create an Actor2D, Renderer, RenderWindow & RWInteractor
  - I extended the vtkInteractorStyle to my own style which (collects points if
left button is clicked and causes ExitEvent if right button is clicked)
  - points appended to file

POINTS 4 float
31 31 0 60 74 0 90 4 0
51 44 0
POINTS 4 float
41 37 0 58 80 0 62 51 0
44 69 0

btw. is this format valid?

  - increment file

I am quite new to VTK so can someone please comment on my way of doing things?
Is there a simpler way for the whole process of displaying a 2D image (and
interacting)?
Also I would like to mark the points clicked, in red say, when I left click. How
would I do that?

Finally, I've been trying to experiment reading in the same file from ITK but
have failed... can anyone please lead me in the right direction?

thanks a lot,
  Steven