[vtkusers] seg.fault, number of actors limit reached?

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Fri Aug 1 08:33:24 EDT 2003

Hi,
I have a memory problem (seg.fault).

- In my class I defined an array of actors of the vtkFollower type as a member
- In the constructor I instanciate them.

My program crashes (seg.fault), but not in the constructor.
- when I change the NUMBER_OF_ANNOTATIONS to a lower number it works, the limit seems to be 4 in this case.
- when I do not use the array, but something like actor0, actor1, actor2, then the same problem occurs.
- when I change it to vtkActors instead of vtkFollower, exactly the same problem.

What can be wrong? I have a total of about 35 or 40 actors, is that too much?

Nico

----------- the source -------------------------

{***in the private section of my class ***}
#define NUMBER_OF_ANNOTATIONS 10
vtkFollower* itsActorAnnotation[NUMBER_OF_ANNOTATIONS];

{*** in the constructor ***}
for (int i=0; i<NUMBER_OF_ANNOTATIONS; i++) {
   this->itsActorAnnotation[i] = vtkFollower::New();
}

Nico Vermaas
ASTRON - Westerbork Synthesis Radio Telescope
Schattenberg 1 - 9433 TA Zwiggelte - The Netherlands

tel: +31 593 598710
vermaas at astron.nl