[vtkusers] Swing+Irix = Problems

Andrew Usher A.C.J.Usher at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 13:20:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get Java 1.4.1 on Irix 6.5 to work with VTK 4.2.2
but keep having trouble.

When I run the standard examples using Java, all is well but as soon as I
run a Java program using VTK + Swing, such SimpleVTK.java, I get the
following error:

SIGSEGV   11*  segmentation violation
    si_signo [11]: SIGSEGV   11*  segmentation violation
    si_errno [0]: Error 0
    si_code [1]: SEGV_MAPERR [addr: 0x1014]

    User context info:
        pc = 0xac4a2f0 (SignalError = 0x9f8f4d0)
        sp = 0x10849ab0, ra = 0xac4a2f0
        stackpointer=108495e0

I wondered if anyone else has had these problems when developing with Java
and VTK on Irix and if there's any known solution?

Thanks very much,

Andrew Usher

Andrew Usher
Email: a.c.j.usher at damtp.cam.ac.uk