[vtkusers] Create surface from isolines?

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Fri Apr 25 18:33:16 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have applied vtkClipPolyData to perform clipping on a polygonal bone cross-section. I need to figure out a way to cap the edges so that the "interior" is not visible. It's a needed work-around until everything is moved to volumetric data. The approach used for ClipCow.tcl won't work. I have two clipped surfaces (one is the outside surface, the other is the inside surface... but in between is nothing). I have applied a vtkCutter to get the lines defining the clipped edges. After its application, I really just have two isolines between which I need to create a surface band. Given two isolines, is there a pipeline I could use to generate the polygons for the band between them? Basically something like a single band from the bandContourterrain.tcl example. The problem is that I don't have surface polyData with which to start.

vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter won't quite do it since it assumes the generation of a closed solid. I want only that edge band. It also create a very strange surface when passing the lines. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Scharver