[vtkusers] Light without shadows

Christopher M. Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:03:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Jose Luis Pina wrote:

> >Hello:
> I have some glyphs (vtkArrowSource), coloured according the vectors in each
> point, but the shadows created by the light, change the real color
> associated with every arrow, I tried with vtkLight and vtkLightKit,
> TwoSidedLighting with the rendere but I can't do.I wonder if is posible
> ilumination without shadows or with a minimal shadow that keep the real color.
> Thanks in advance.

You could set ambient to 1.0 and diffuse and specular to 0.0 to basically
turn off lighting.  ie:

myActor.GetProperty().SetAmbient(1.0);
myActor.GetProperty().SetDiffuse(0.0);
myActor.GetProperty().SetSpecular(0.0);

(note this is how it would be done in java, change the syntax for whatever
language you're using)

-chris