[vtkusers] any tips on volume rendering binary image data?

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at on.aibn.com
Wed Apr 23 14:57:42 EDT 2003

does anyone have any aesthetically pleasing
ways of volume rendering binary image data
with vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D?  I keep getting
a displeasing effect showing image voxels stacked
like building blocks.  Shading is also a no go in
terms of appearance. Image data consists of 0's
(background) and 1's (foreground). I am currently
trying to pass the data through vtkImageGaussianSmooth
to blur the edges slightly.  Is this the way to go?

Dean