[vtkusers] Re: dark printing and clipboard

Paul Tait paul at opes.com.au
Wed Apr 16 01:03:43 EDT 2003

Hi

Maybe I can tempt you with more details :-)

I am displaying 2 surfaces made up of triangles. Hence the top & bottom lut
which use scalars attached to each surface. I'm using the vtlLightinghKit so
my theory is that the surfaces have an "intrinsic" color which is changed
(lightened) by the lighting kit to produce what I see on the screen. When I
print only get those "intrinsic" colors. Thats why the 2D scale bar gets
displayed ok..... I think

So how do I get vtk to give me the post processed pixels for printing????

Hi

VTK 4.0

I'm trying to get my MFC printing working

I'm using pretty much the same code as in the examples and I've implemented
clipboard copying but in both cases my plots come out dark

I also print out a vtkScalarbarActor which displays perfectly, so I know i'm
doing something wrong

here are my lut's

// create a top lookup table
topLut = vtkLookupTable::New();
topLut->SetTableRange(0, 256);
topLut->SetHueRange(0.7, 0);
topLut->SetSaturationRange(1, 1);
topLut->SetValueRange(0.8, 1);
topLut->Build();

// create a bottom lookup table
bottomLut = vtkLookupTable::New();
bottomLut->SetTableRange(0, 256);
bottomLut->SetHueRange(0.7, 0);
bottomLut->SetSaturationRange(.8, .8);
bottomLut->SetValueRange(1, 1);
bottomLut->Build();

// create lut for depth legend
legendLut = vtkLookupTable::New();
legendLut->SetTableRange(0, 256);
legendLut->SetHueRange(0.7, 0);
legendLut->SetSaturationRange(1, 1);
legendLut->SetValueRange(0.8, 1);
legendLut->SetRange(-deepest / 100, -shallowest / 100);
legendLut->Build();

legend->SetLookupTable(legendLut);
legend->SetOrientationToVertical();
legend->GetPositionCoordinate()->SetCoordinateSystemToNormalizedViewport();
legend->SetWidth(0.05);
legend->SetHeight(0.99);
legend->GetPositionCoordinate()->SetValue(0.01, 0.01);
legend->SetTitle("depth x 100");
Props->AddItem(legend);