[vtkusers] To run the tcl examples

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Mon Apr 14 12:36:16 EDT 2003

Jianlong Zhou wrote:

> hi, vtk users,
>
> I am using vtk3.2 now. I want to run tcl examples in source directory. I have compiled
> vtktcl.dll successfully according to the guidence of readme.html. But when I run the tcl
> examples, I always get the error like this:
>
> invalid command name "vtkRenderer" while executing "vtkRenderer ren1" (file
> "..\vol\example.tcl"line 10).
>
> That means it cannot recognize any vtk classes in TCL.

Do you have the path to VTK in your PATH environment variable?

Start/Settings/ControlPanel/System,
on one of the tabs (depending on version of Windows), there
should be an Environment Variables button or setting.

Edit the User or System variable PATH to contain the path
to your compiled DLL.

HTH,
-Jeremy