[vtkusers] Rendering Multiple Volumes

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Sun Apr 13 18:17:58 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:02:04AM +1000, Nigel.Hoschke at csiro.au wrote:
> I am trying to render two volumes whose boundaries intersect.  Despite both
> the volumes being mainly opaque the second volume added to the render is
> completely blocked out by the first.  Does any one know a way to fix this
> problem?

What exactly are you trying to do?  When you say volumes, do you mean
vtkVolumes or do you mean it in a more generic sense?  My crystal ball must
be acting up again tonight, because I can't see what exactly you're problem
is.

In anycase, please remember what happens when anything translucent is
rendered (yes, "mainly opaque" is still translucent to the rendering
pipeline).