[vtkusers] animation, vtkPoints update, pipeline update

jean-charles campagne jcpouce at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 09:14:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to make an animation ( the data is time
based) the data
represent point in 3D. These points would be moving
since the
coordinates of the points vary with time. (I'm using
C++)

here's the pipeline i am using :

--------------------------------------
vtkPoints

vtkPolyData

vtkGlyph3D <- vtkSphereSource

vtkPolyDataMapper

vtkActor

vtkRenderer

vtkRenderWindow
--------------------------------------

The vtkPoints are generated manually. Here is the type
of loop i'm
trying to do : (points is of type vtkPoints) :

while (1) {
 renWin->Render(); // should update...
 UpdatePoints(points);// something like :
                      // points->SetPoint(i,
                      //                  x(i,t),
                      //                  y(i,t),
                      //                  z(i,t));
}

it seems that the pipeline is not being updated...

it seems it's not the way to do so (it render the
first frame alright
and all the other frames are the same : i think the
pipeline is not
being update correctly...)

I browsed the documentation for various methods that
would update the
pipeline (i tried calling Render() on different parts
of the
pipeline), and at best i got a blank screen...

I would appreciate if you could tell me what's wrong.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
JCC.