[vtkusers] vtk/Python build

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen at atnf.csiro.au
Tue Apr 8 21:06:00 EDT 2003

On 8 Apr 2003, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> My mistake. I thought you are on Windows. On some Linux platforms
> libpython2.1.a depends on libutil.a. Unfortunately at the time CMake 1.6
> was not released yet, so we are just looking for that library. It should
> however work fine without it if you do not have it. If it does not, let
> me know and I will fix it.
>
> 			Andy

Andy

no it was not your mistake.  i was referring to someone else's post
and your answer was to them - it was the only information i could find
on this library.

ok so it is clear now.  Linux needs it, nothing much else seems to.

Could the VTK CMakeLists.txt file  have a Linux o/s  dependency so that
the PYTON_UTIL variable is not presented  to the user when it is unnecessary
(I spent some time trying to find out what it was and where it was)

cheers
Neil