[vtkusers] Question about Wireframe display !

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 17:28:05 EDT 2003

Hi Seb,
   Try vtkFeatureEdges, with FeatureEdgesOn and FeatureAngle about 80?.
This is not exactly what you want but very close, should do the trick.
regards
   Dave

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Sebastien Auclair"    |
|        |          <sxa at fluent.com>       |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          09/04/2003 06:25       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>                                                                 |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] Question about Wireframe display !                                            |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Greetings !

We need to generate a CAD outline wireframes of our 3D shapes\solids. These
shapes are created as follows :
    A)    Starting from an initial polyline describing a non-convex
polygon.
    B)    Generating a surface for this polygon by using
vtkGLUTesselatorFilter
    C)    Creating a 3D shape by extruding the polygon along its normal.

The normal VTK wireframe mode displays all the lines and it is too much. We
would only need the main lines; those describing the shape as a volume.
Is there a filter that would output the disired result ? (As shown in the
image attached)

Thanks !
Seb

(See attached file: outline.jpg)