[vtkusers] Question about Wireframe display !

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Tue Apr 8 14:25:30 EDT 2003

Greetings !

We need to generate a CAD outline wireframes of our 3D shapes\solids. These
shapes are created as follows :
    A)    Starting from an initial polyline describing a non-convex polygon.
    B)    Generating a surface for this polygon by using
vtkGLUTesselatorFilter
    C)    Creating a 3D shape by extruding the polygon along its normal.

The normal VTK wireframe mode displays all the lines and it is too much. We
would only need the main lines; those describing the shape as a volume.
Is there a filter that would output the disired result ? (As shown in the
image attached)

Thanks !
Seb