[vtkusers] Point data generation

Jan Fransens jan.fransens at luc.ac.be
Tue Apr 8 10:23:41 EDT 2003

Hi,

  I am currently working on an surface fitting algorithm and for testing
purposes, I want to be able to generate virtual
360 degrees range scans of arbitrary 3D models. In other words, I would like
to convert given polydata to a set of unstructured points, that together
form a description of the objects surface. I would also like these points to
be spaced evenly in space i.e. small triangles generate less point samples
than larger ones. Does anyone have experience doing this kind of thing, or
knows a preferred way to handle this?

many thanks,

j a n